[stgt] backing-store options

Boaz Harrosh bharrosh at panasas.com
Fri Oct 4 02:23:01 CEST 2013

On 10/03/2013 04:40 PM, Dan Mick wrote:

> Yeah, that's always an option, but it's somewhat cumbersome; we did that
> for a while with the rbd extensions to qemu, but they were pretty much
> universally hated.  I think an option string is cleaner.  But I'm not
> adamant.  Any other opinions?  (I have a prototype implementation; the
> changes are small and obvious; end up in one new parameter to
> (*bs_init)(lu, bsopts))

Go for it it is good for me. (I was just saying)

bsopts will that be a free form string or should we make it a name=value pair
and perhaps a common utility to extract those?

What is the CLI format of this:
	--bsopts name1=value1:name2=value2

How did you implement this, or is there only one value supported?

Thanks
Boaz