[stgt] backing-store options

Boaz Harrosh bharrosh at panasas.com
Wed Oct 9 21:09:44 CEST 2013

On 10/08/2013 06:24 PM, Dan Mick wrote:

> tgtadm passes the options to tgtd after validation, and it passes them
> as one big key1=val1,key2=val2,.. string (in the 'buf' following the
> header), and provides no facility for quoting ','.  So I think the
> bsopts definition should steer clear of ',' separators.

Yes you are right I now remember this. I guess you should leave it free
form for now, just with a fat comment about what is allowed and what is
recommended practice and about the iscsi code. (Perhaps an addition to
the man page could be nice)

Once a new user comes in, we should refactor the iscsi parser into
a generic function and use at both places. But this is not your job
it's the job of the new user.

Thanks
Boaz