[stgt] RFC: using launchpad as a public issue tracker of tgt

Hitoshi Mitake mitake.hitoshi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 07:10:15 CEST 2014

At Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:07:57 +0200,
Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

> On Apr 17, 2014, at 8:51 AM, Hitoshi Mitake wrote:
>
> > It seems that tgt doesn't have a public issue tracker. I'd like to
> > propose laucnhpad for this purpose:
> > https://launchpad.net/tgt-project
>
> DISCLAIMER
> Having absolutly nothing to do with the project, other than a user.
> DISCLAIMER
>

> I'd like to say that launchpad sucks. It's ugly, cumbersome and
> an irritant to use. It doesn't do anything that GitHub isn't
> already doing much better and simpler.
>
> Enabling the issue tracker in the GitHub repo is just two clicks
> away (literally), so there's absolutly no point in adding an external
> tracker.

I think using the issue tracker of github isn't a good idea. Because
tgt is using github just as git repository. The development is based
on this mailing list. If we start to use the isse tracker of github,
other developers will start to send pull requests instead of patch to
the list.

> It (Launchpad) is also a real mess to setup and administrate (at
> least if using it on your own servers).

And I cannot see ugly points of launchpad (and we can use public
server). Which part of launchpad do you dislike?

Thanks,
Hitoshi