[wpkg-users] [wpkg] Feature requests and questions

Jens Geile jens.geile at mzbs.de
Mon Dec 5 12:21:13 CET 2005

Been a while since I last wrote here but as I'm getting closer to finishing my "dream-setup" more and more things WPKG lacks pop up.

1. A field for the download URL where the installer can be downloaded from. Like for Sun Java or other free software that can be downloaded from the internet.

2. Also it would be good if WPKG would check whether the installer is available (if it exists and can be accessed) and skip the entry if not. At the moment WPKG just says "D'oh" and stops the whole script.

3. Multiple install commands. Handy to install multiple Firefox extensions with just one package entry.
3.b. Maybe even multiple checks so that if file A is already installed it skips the installation of file A but if B is not installed it will install B. -> Check and install IDs?

And now the questions ...

Does anyone know how to check whether a specific Firefox Extension is already installed?
And does anyone know the uninstall command for Sun StarOffice 8?

Thanks in advance,

-
jens

wpkg-users mailing list