[wpkg-users] cmd /c hanging?

Michael Chinn m.chinn at gbrmpa.gov.au
Mon Aug 21 00:59:37 CEST 2006

On a related item I tried for hours to get activeperl and a bunch of
ppm's installed correctly with a batch file. xcopy,copy,robocopy would
work on about 1 in 5 installs when copying files silently and take about
10mins (as opposed to 2mins manually), I finally resorted to 7zip
(7z.exe) on the target machine to unzip the remote file (a single zip)
onto the target machine. From that point I ran all the commands to
install from the local machine, clearing the package when it was
installed. Also made copying faster (<60secs).

--
Michael Chinn