[wpkg-users] Hosts

Falko Trojahn (SMI) ftrojahn at smi-softmark.de
Thu Aug 31 08:48:40 CEST 2006

> I'm using wpkg 0.9.10; I've been told that the value for the hostname will
> be the computer name.. Is there a wildcard that can be used instead of
> typing ~60 computer names? In hostname, does it need to have its domain
> name
quote from one of Thomas' mail:

You can use "regular expression" for hosts:
http://wpkg.org/index.php/Regular_expression_support

This one will match all hosts that didn't match before:

<host name=".+" profile-id="profile" />

Place it at the bottom of hosts.xml.

> also? Or I can just put the computer name (e.g. PC1) instead with its
> domain
> name (PC1.domain.com)?
IMHO just use PC1.

Falko

--
Falko Trojahn                     fon +49-341-3581294
Dipl-Ingenieur Netzwerke/Support  fax +49-341-3581295