[wpkg-users] wpkg package description...

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Dec 6 13:15:10 CET 2006

Marco Gaiarin wrote:
> OK, i'm a bit scared to put this on wiki, but i've setup a wpkg
> package, like:
>
> <package
>         id="wpkg"
>         name="WPKG"
>         revision="70"
>         priority="100"
>         reboot="false">
>
>         <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="WPKG" />
>
>         <install cmd='msiexec /qb /i %SOFTWARE%\WPKG\WPKGSetup.msi SETTINGSFILE=%WPKGROOT%\settings.xml' />
>         <upgrade cmd='msiexec /qb /i %SOFTWARE%\WPKG\WPKGSetup.msi' />
>         <remove cmd='msiexec /qb /x{BD368683-C6EB-480A-B497-56CE35D59D28}' />
> </package>
>
> <package
>         id="wpkg-settings"
>         name="WPKG Settings"
>         revision="5"
>         priority="5"
>         reboot="false"
>         execute="once">
>         <depends package-id="wpkg"/>
>
>         <install cmd='%PROGRAMFILES%\WPKG\wpkginst.exe --SETTINGSFILE=%WPKGROOT%\settings.xml' />
>         <upgrade cmd='%PROGRAMFILES%\WPKG\wpkginst.exe --SETTINGSFILE=%WPKGROOT%\settings.xml' />
>         <remove cmd='echo "nothing"' />
> </package>
>

> Seems to work well, at least for the first installation, and the
> wpkg-settings virtual package seems do what intended.
>
> Say me if it is good. ;)

It's a chicken and egg problem a bit - how to install something with
WPKG when WPKG is not installed... :) And wiki does not bite, you can
put it there safely, I'll edit it a bit if needed.

I think the upgrade won't work... with the version there is currently
for download I mean :)

I still have to upload a newer version (upgrading should work, and
passwords in XML settings file is scrambled, so that even if someone
sees it accidentally, it will be of little use - unless someone knows
how to unscramble it, that is).