[wpkg-users] WPKG installer 0.80 released

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Dec 12 11:27:24 CET 2006

Marco Gaiarin wrote:
> Mandi! Tomasz Chmielewski
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
>> WPKG installer 0.80 has been released.
> [...]
>> * upgrading now works
>
> ...but seems not so automagically from 0.70. ;(((

Indeed, you won't upgrade the application; it looks like I announced the
feature that didn't make it into the release :(

Sorry for trouble.

For those interested in new features, there is yet another version:

http://wpkg.org/files/beta/installer/wpkg-installer-0.90-pre.zip

It has a nice feature - allows to delay logon when WPKG is installing
software (a window with progress bar is displayed, with some text
changing to indicate that the machine is doing something).

Don't use it on your production servers, but please feel free to check
how it works.
Right now it still lacks some features, like configurable text, and if
the feature should be enabled or disabled.