[wpkg-users] Can wpkg install software with base rights ?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Feb 28 18:02:34 CET 2006

Tobias Richter wrote:

> hi list,
>
> i read the wiki and look at the mail-list archiv. But i am not sure if i
> get it right.
>
> Is it possible to run wpkg as service (with admin rights), to install
> software even if the locked-on user only have "base rights" (hauptbenutzer
> / benutzer) ?

What do you mean by locked-on user? Logged on user perhaps?

WPKG will install software even if noone is logged in.

> is that right? so i can easily deploy software to all computers without
> logging in with admin rights to the pc ?

Yes.
Configure the packages, turn on your workstations, and everything will
install automatically in the background; noone needs to log in.

> are there somebody who us wpkg in combination with unattended.sf.net ? is
> there anything you have care for, if you want to do that ?

Yes, me for example, but I guess many others, too.
I just "install" WPKG during the Unattended part.