[wpkg-users] variables (WINDIR, etc)

Ed Wallig ilinktech at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 17:57:20 CET 2006

Hi,

  Just upgraded to 0.92 from 0.6 - like the enhancements, particularly the use of regex for hosts - very sweet!

  One issue that I'm running into is the check type="file" feature - the feature is working fine, but I have several apps where I need to check files that are in the %WINDIR% directory. I have W2K, XP, and the dreaded "upgrade" from W2K to XP so the %WINDIR% directories are different, depending on the OS.

  According to the TODO file, WPKG doesn't currently have the capability to use %WINDIR% and other system variables so I'm looking for any suggestions on a workaround for the short-term. The "apps" in question are actually scripts that create scheduled tasks on the computers. The "Execute Once" option doesn't seem appropriate as I may need to revision the tasks from time to time.

  Any ideas? Thanks again for the great product!

   - Ed