[wpkg-users] Couple of questions

Ed Wallig ilinktech at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 21:34:46 CET 2006

Hi,

  Using WPKG 0.92 for most of my software deployment needs - great stuff!! Couple of questions though:

  1. Is there a way to do some kind of 2-step check when checking for the presence of an application? I'll explain - I'm trying to deploy PDFCreator on all of my computers but I do not want to deploy it to computers hat already have the full version of Acrobat as they already have a PDF printer. So basically, I'd like to run an uninstaller check for PDFCreator and also run a check to see if Acrobat is installed - if it is then the condition is met and PDFCreator is not installed - is this possible?

  2. I have a batch file that I use to start WPKG on computers that are not consistently connected to my network (laptops, for example). When I run it, I call WPKG.js /synchronize /quiet to install and update any software that the laptops need. However, using the /quiet switch supresses any output so I can't really tell where I am in the synch process and turning /quiet off generates too many alert boxes.

  I tried running the engine using cscript (cscript //nologo path_to_WPKG.js /synchronize) and I get output within the cmd prompt so I can tell where the synch is but this seems to suppress the entries in the Event Log - the only log entries that show up in there are MSI-related entries and none of the WPKG-related entries which really isn't ideal either.

  Any suggestions for either of these issues?

  Thanks as always...