[wpkg-users] Psshutdown / Hardcoded Link

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Sun Mar 26 22:45:19 CEST 2006

rl201 wrote:

(...)

> On the subject of screwups, I'm afraid it was my patch which introduced
> the checking bug too. I really must test more! (I'll have a look at the
> checking code and see whether there's any more work I should do there.)

Hi,

I was actually thinking of some "wpkg debugger" - a set of hosts.xml,
packages.xml and profiles.xml files, with which we could test if a new
feature didn't break some existing feature.

As installers / uninstallers it should use some simple batch files which
create new files and/or registry entries.

This way, after patching wpkg.js, it would be mostly enough to start it
in this "debug" environment, where (ideally) all wpkg features would be
tested automatically (more or less).

Comments? :)