[wpkg-users] Importing Certificate in a batch

Alexandros Gougousoudis gougousoudis at kh-berlin.de
Thu Nov 23 14:44:41 CET 2006

Hi Thomas,

sorry for the late answer, hope it is still interessting for the list.

Tomasz Chmielewski schrieb:
>> does anybody know, how to import a certificate into Windows? Normally
> 1. Download WininstallLE 8can be something else as well), install it on

I tried that, and WinInstallLE is a great program, but it won't work for
this problem.

It is needed to install a different certificate on each PC on the net.
With WinInstall I can make a msi to install the SAME certificate on
every PC. Unfortunately Windows puts the certificate as a blob (binary
large object) directly in the registry. So it is not enough to simply
distribute different certs under the same filename, or change the
filename in the registry.

Sorry for the no go. But if someone else tries that, he can leave out
this way. I try to find another possibility.

cu
  Alex

--
ServiceCenter IT - Alexandros Gougousoudis (Leiter)

Gemeinsame Einrichtung der Kunsthochschule Berlin-Weissensee, Hochschule
für Musik "Hanns Eisler" und der Hochschule für Schauspielkunst "Ernst
Busch".

Tel.: 030 / 477 05 - 444 * Fax.: 030 / 477 05 - 445