[wpkg-users] wpkg over wireless ethernet

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Tue Nov 28 19:33:16 CET 2006

I'm wondering how well does wpkg work with wireless networking
configurations.  I have a group of users in a samba domain but they are
connected wireless to the server through wlinksys PIC wireless cards and
a WAP54G access point.  When the computers boot up and come to the
windows login screen, the wireless cards take 30 seconds or so to
connect to the wireless network.  I'm using wpkg with wpkg-install.bat
(not the wpkg installer .70).  Does this mean that wpkg would try to
connect to my server's share drive before the wireless network
connection is made?  and if so, then wpkg wouldn't ever update any packages?