[wpkg-users] Running wpkg using schtasks

Joshua Weage weage98 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 20:47:03 CET 2006

> Certainly, you did something wrong (paths? username? password?). What
> is
> the eventlog saying?

Nothing.  Schtasks is logged to C:\Windows\SchedLgU.Txt which just
shows that the task was started, but the cmd.exe process never exits
and I never see wpkg-start.bat show up in the task list.

schtasks /create /ru GLOBAL\warwpkg /rp password /sc daily /tn wpkg /tr
\\warlns2.global.arup.com\netboot\test.bat /st 23:00:00

Task accepted.

schtasks /run /tn wpkg

Task is run.  Output shows up in C:\test.log, created by test.bat.

schtasks /delete /tn wpkg
schtasks /create /ru GLOBAL\warwpkg /rp password /sc daily /tn wpkg /tr
\\warlns2.global.arup.com\netboot\wpkg-0.9.10\wpkg-start.bat /st
23:00:00

Task accepted.

schtasks /run /tn wpkg

Task is run and stays running forever until I kill the cmd.exe process
with task manager.  No output to eventlog.  SchedLgU.Txt just shows the
job exited with an error.

> One other thing you could try is to use the installer:
>
> http://wpkg.org/files/beta/installer/wpkg-installer-0.50.zip
>

> And restart the service periodically (via schtasks, as a SYSTEM user,
> so
> no password needed):

I may end up doing this.  I prefer to have wpkg run via group policy
startup scripts, but that isn't completely working for me.

Josh

Sponsored Link

Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill.