[wpkg-users] sophos automate rollout

Totoy Mola totoymola12 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 15 19:16:40 CET 2006

in sophos 6, user will need to put a server address to pull the virus
updates. i'm wondering if this could done with unattended installation. i
was trying to record the answer files by doing this in run mode:
C:\savxpsa\setup.exe /a /r /f1C:\setup.iss, but i couldn't get the answer
file to work..

<package
		id="SAV6"
		name="SophosAV6"
		revision="6"
		reboot="true"
		priority="1">
		<check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Sophos AntiVirus" />
		<check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Sophos AutoUpdate" />

		<install cmd='\SERVERNAME\wpkg\software\savxpsa\setup.exe -updp
"WEBSITE_ADDRESS" -mng no /qb'>

		<exit code="0" />
		</install>
	</package>

when i run the code above, it needs user interaction so my goal is to be
unattended installation.

Thanks!

>From: Jean-Jacques Moulis <jj at isy.liu.se>
>To: Totoy Mola <totoymola12 at hotmail.com>, wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org
>Subject: Re: [wpkg-users] sophos automate rollout
>Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:01:43 +0100
>
>On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:22:13 -0700 Totoy Mola <totoymola12 at hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>TM> Hey guys, I need help installing Sophos 6. I wanted to do unattended
>install
>TM> the Sophos 6, but I don't know how to automate the installation because
>it
>TM> needs a user input on server name. Could I include this in my script -
>TM> SERVER = "SERVER_NAME"? Thanks!
>

>This is what I'm using for 5.2.7. (for machines updating via a share)
>No Need to specify the server, clients update from the share they were
>installed from.
>It should work for version 6, I'll check that
>
>         <package id="sophos" name="Sophos" revision="1" reboot="false"
>priority="90">
>                 <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Sophos
>AutoUpdate" />
>                 <install cmd='\\Server\InterChk\ESXP\Setup.exe -mng no'>
>                         <exit code="0" />
>                 </install>
>                 <remove cmd='msiexec /qn /x
>{C12953C2-4F15-4A6C-91BC-511B96AE2775}' />
>                 <remove cmd='msiexec /qn /x
>{09C6BF52-6DBA-4A97-9939-B6C24E4738BF}' />
>         </package>
>
>For machines updating via http I made a "no questions asked" installer.
>I don't remember the recipe right now.
>I'll try to remember harder as I too need to make a new one for version 6.
>
>Regards

trip!
http://www.imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/yahoo/default.aspx?locale=en-us&hmtagline