[wpkg-users] Registry shortcuts...

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Nov 24 10:10:54 CET 2006

Marco Gaiarin wrote:
> Implementing thunderbird installation with setting it default mail and
> news client i've got some trouble.
>
> Registry exerpt have some sort of 'variables', like @ShortProgFiles,
> but seems they does not work, and seems that there's no mention of it
> elsewhere.
>
> Typo? I'm missing something?

I copied it as it is in the registry.

If it doesn't work for you, try to do it yourself - for "best results"
use a clean Windows installation:

1. Install Wininstall LE
2. Install Thunderbird, don't register it as the default mail application
3. Scan your computer with Wininstall LE (start program called "Disco")
4. Register Thunderbird as the default mail application
5. Scan your computer again with "Disco" - you will have resulting changes

Compare it with what we have in wiki, and post your results.

A better way to set Thunderbird as the default mail application (without
using regedit) would be welcome, of course.