[wpkg-users] Registry shortcuts...

Josh Kelley joshkel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 16:29:12 CET 2006

On 11/24/06, Marco Gaiarin <gaio at sv.lnf.it> wrote:

> Implementing thunderbird installation with setting it default mail and
> news client i've got some trouble.
>
> Registry exerpt have some sort of 'variables', like @ShortProgFiles,
> but seems they does not work, and seems that there's no mention of it
> elsewhere.
>
> Typo? I'm missing something?

Maybe I'm missing something, but the @ShortProgFiles on the wiki page
doesn't look correct to me; at least, it's not something I've ever
seen before.

I put together my own .reg file to set Thunderbird as the default
system-wide mail client for our site; you can download it from
http://www.jbc.edu/~josh/thunderbird.reg.  I'd be curious to know how
it works; if it works for you, then maybe I should update the WPKG
wiki?

We also use DefaultMail (http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultmail.htm) to
let users pick the default mail client on a per-user basis, since most
mail clients don't properly permit that themselves.

Josh Kelley