[wpkg-users] Running WPKG as a service

Mark Cairney mcairney at staffmail.ed.ac.uk
Fri Sep 8 13:20:50 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I've set up WPKG on my Samba server (mainly to install Thunderbird and
Firefox as it's rather tedious having to manually reinstall these every
time an update comes out).

Now I followed the instructions to install a service with srvany at
http://www.wpkg.org/index.php/Installation_instructions_-_advanced

to the letter and at first install it works- wpkg kicks off cscript,
runs wpkg.js from the server share and packages install.

However if I then make changes to the config in packages.xml and then
reboot the machine, the service runs (Srvany.exe appears in task
manager) but it doesn't spawn any processess. If I then restart the WPKG
service it does a resync.

Is there any way to get it to start the service at user logon so that
the service is properly spawned?

Cheers,

Mark