[wpkg-users] Running WPKG as a service

rl201 rl201 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 27 23:42:08 CEST 2006

> So Marc Cairney's message made me wonder if there was any way to use the
> scheduled tasks event 'onlogon' to try to run the 'wpkg.js /synchronize'
> task
> every time a user logged on. And what I meant to ask was, what the exact
> sequence is when the 'onlogon' scheduled task is run? The main question

It's not neat, but I run a scheduled task as the SYSTEM user to stop and
restart our wpkg service at set times of the day - 8:30AM in our case.

Network problems prevent me from telling anyone how, alas. If anyone's
interested, drop me a mail and I'll send on the details when connectivity
is restored.

Yours,

Frank