[wpkg-users] wpkg & vista ?

Jean-Jacques Moulis jj at isy.liu.se
Fri Apr 6 19:15:37 CEST 2007

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 12:19:48 +0200 Lacroix Créteil <olivier.lax at ac-creteil.fr> wrote:

LC> Hello,
LC>
LC> I am French, professor and admin of my college network. I'm considering
LC> the use of wpkg. It's seems to be a very interesting project.
LC> Congratulations!
LC>
LC> After consultation of the files of the list wpkg, I note that tests were
LC> carried out with Vista at the time of versions RC.
LC> I would wish to know if wpkg works with Windows Vista. That is not
LC> announced on the banner page of the official site.
LC>
LC> Thank you.
LC> Olivier Lacroix

Some good news!
Wpkg.js works beautifully with Windows Vista.
We are not using the Wpkg installer.
We start Wpkg.js from a Startup script (à la AD but without AD).
By the way, Vista joins one of ours samba domain without problems.
(A nearly out of the box samba 3.0.24. We have some problems with our
main domain, one with lot of specials fixes).

I'm so pleased with my first attempt with Vista and Wpkg
(I expected more problems).

Here the outcome one of our first runs.
( the startup script run wpkg.js and mail the results)

"Shuting down at "
2007-04-04
16:20
"Starting at "
2007-04-04
16:22
Current time at \\Charm is 2007-04-04 16:22:32

The command completed successfully.

Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.7

Installing Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.3...
Installation of Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.3 successful.
Installing Flash Player for Firefox...
Installation of Flash Player for Firefox successful.
Executing commands for Ebrary for FireFox...
Execution of Ebrary for FireFox successful.
Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable...
Installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable successful.
Installing PuTTY...
Installation of PuTTY successful.
Executing commands for PKI Certificates...
Execution of PKI Certificates successful.
"Wpkg completed at "
16:23

--
Jean-Jacques Moulis                            Tel: (013) 281684
ISY                                            Fax: (013) 139282
Linköping University                        E-mail: jj at isy.liu.se
581 83 Linköping

VDEV