[wpkg-users] WPKG - issues

Hannes Gruber hg at guzman.at
Thu Apr 5 09:29:58 CEST 2007

Ave,

> Also, we don't want to use any GINAs - this was a conscious decision
> wwhen we started to implement the "logon delay" - things tend to get
> complicated more than needed then.

I have to admit, that I do not eavnen know what GINAs are, but I think
that I can post something too :-).

On the search to find out what GINA is, I found the following on

"The WlxDisplaySASNotice function must be implemented by a replacement
GINA DLL. Winlogon calls this function when no user is logged on.
Note GINA DLLs are ignored in Windows Vista."

I think, that this means, that anything done using GINAs will not work
under windows vista, why I think that it should be avoided.

As I said, just my 5cent.

Hannes

--

Zufallszitat:

Knowing others is Wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment. - LaoTzu

                !!! www.usw.at !!!

         nimm die Herausforderung an