[wpkg-users] Where is WPKG client config stored?

Dave Ewart davee at ceu.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 25 12:05:30 CEST 2007

On Wednesday, 25.04.2007 at 10:38 +0100, Alex Owen wrote:

> On 25/04/07, Dave Ewart <davee at ceu.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> > So, I need to modify the
> > WPKG client config on N (many!) PCs in the same way.  But I need to do
> > this without using WPKG to make the change, because WPKG doesn't work on
> > those PCs until this problem is fixed!  I figured a good way to do this
> > is to edit the WPKG client config via a system policy or via some other
> > means which edits the registry in the required way.
>
> You can do this by loading a new XML file with wpkginst.exe
>
> see "update parameters.bat" inside:
>   http://wpkg.org/files/beta/installer/wpkg-installer-0.91.zip

As I said: "without using WPKG to make the change".  I cannot use WPKG
to make this change, because, without this change, WPKG does not launch
on the client!

Dave.
--
Dave Ewart
davee at ceu.ox.ac.uk
Computing Manager, Cancer Epidemiology Unit
Cancer Research UK / Oxford University
PGP: CC70 1883 BD92 E665 B840 118B 6E94 2CFD 694D E370
Get key from http://www.ceu.ox.ac.uk/~davee/davee-ceu-ox-ac-uk.asc
N 51.7518, W 1.2016

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org