[wpkg-users] WPKG cannot reach Samba at boot-up (was Re: Where is WPKG client config stored?)

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Apr 26 16:56:48 CEST 2007

Dave Ewart wrote:
> On Thursday, 26.04.2007 at 16:20 +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>
>>> My Samba setup logs to /var/log/samba/clientlog/%m.log -
>>> where %m is the NetBIOS name of the PC.  So, for machine called pc00123,
>>> it logs to /var/log/samba/clientlog/pc00123.log and so on.
>>> Interestingly, for the 'problem' PCs, logging info is logged initially
>>> to /var/log/samba/clientlog/<IP-address-of-pc00123>.log and then, a few
>>> seconds later, logging has switched to
>>> /var/log/samba/clientlog/pc00123.log again.
>> It is perfectly normal for every new connection to Samba.
>
> Hmm, OK, I believe you; it just seemed that the 'problem' machines
> happened to be doing this and that the WPKG-working-fine machines never
> (or rarely) did so.

It's because they connected earlier?

Try this:
- stop Samba
- remove all Samba logs
- start Samba

You will see that each new log starts with IP first, then machinename.

> On a WPKG 'problem' PC:
>
> - WPKGService: Set script security context: successfully done
> - WPKGService: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by
>   the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed.
>   Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and
>   try again..

It's a limitation and message coming from Windows. Google for it.

Basically, you can't connect from a Windows machine more than once, and
use different credentials (more or less).

This means: probably you have some other script or program that uses
network shares, and starts before WPKG (or WPKG starts scripts which
mount shares using different credentials etc.?).