[wpkg-users] Problems

Jens Geile jens.geile at mzbs.de
Fri Apr 27 10:44:46 CEST 2007

> > So it basically boils down to: Could you _please_ make the xml parser case-_IN_sensitive? The XML "definition" says that it doesn't matter how an element is written. You can write "Install", "iNSTALL", "iNsTaLl" and it's all the same.
> Hmm...
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#h-4.2
> 4.2. Element and attribute names must be in lower case
> XHTML documents must use lower case for all HTML element and attribute
> names. This difference is necessary because XML is case-sensitive e.g.
> <li> and <LI> are different tags.
Point taken. But then at least some kind of sensitive error message would be really nice to make debugging much easier. Just outputting

Could not install XYZ
Failed checking after installation

doesn't really tell me what is wrong with my xml file and had me looking who-knows-where.

On another note, some of the parameters for wpkg.js do not seem to work right. /help for example opens a notification with the help (its way too big for 1024x768 btw so you cannot see the "OK" button at the bottom) but when i close it it throws an error in line 2504 about the runningstate). Other parameters don't seem to work at all. This is of course all tested with the broken xml files but at 2:00am after fixing the xml files i really didn't feel like looking into those problems any further. I'll do that once i'm at the office again and will keep you posted.

-
jens