[wpkg-users] reboot problem

Nicolas Lepot nicolas_lepot at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 9 15:46:11 CET 2007

Hello,

I have a problem with the option "reboot=true" in the tags "package".

When a package is installed at boot and reboot option is "true", rather than restart, WPKG ends and the computer goes to login. It's boring because it is necessary to manually restart the system to continue software installations.

The log shows that the script wpkg.js runs well the function  "reboot()". There is no error in the log.

I am using Windows XP SP2 on a virtual machine VMWARE to test my packages. Is it because of VMWARE?

I tested 3 opportunities in wpkg.js :

1 / rebootCmd = "standard" >>> function win32Shutdown() of the class WMI: Win32_OperatingSystem.2 / rebootCmd = "special" + psshutdown.exe placed in \\server\WPKG\tools. >>> tool sysinternals.3 / rebootCmd = "shutdown" + add this code in the switch-case of the function reboot() :
case "shutdown":
info("Test a shutdown command: shutdown -r -f -t 0");
exec("shutdown -r -f -t 0",0);
break;
>>> comand of Windows.

No way to restart the computer. Why ?
I don’t understand why ?Do you understand ?
Help-me please,Thank you in advance, Nico