[wpkg-users] reboot problem

Nicolas Lepot nicolas_lepot at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 13 14:54:25 CET 2007

Hello, Thank you very much for your answer. If I understand, because I use Windows XP, the Client WPKG make the reboot of the computer (and not the script wpkg.js). Client WPKG knows he must do the reboot of the machine because the script wpkg.js ended with a code 3010.  Normally, the Client-WPKG launches a reboot what moment ? Directly after the run of wpkg.js ? Just before the user logon? After the user logon?  Here is a sample package just to test the reboot option:  <Package id = "test"          Name = "test"          Revision = "1"          Reboot = "true"          Priority = "0">          <Check type = "file" status = "exists" path = "C: \ TOTO.TXT" />          <Install cmd = '% comspec% / c SET> C: \ TOTO.TXT' /></ Package> In my case: no reboot.  If rebootCmd="standard" in wpkg.js :The GUI WPKG disappears and Windows XP continue booting and displays the login. And there, nothing happens (no reboot). if rebootCmd="special" in wpkg.js :The startup is blocked indefinitely on the GUI of WPKG-Client and nothing happens (no reboot).I added the "Psshutdown.exe" in the folder "\\Server\WPKG\tools" and in \\client\c$\windows\system32.  Is it correct ? if it is correct, how to verify that the Client-WPKG receives much an exit code 3010 of wpkg.js?In the logs, except "service wpkg start and stop", I have only messages of wpkg.js.How to verify that the customer WPKG tries to restart?Is there a debug mode in Client-WPKG to analyze what happens? I use the WPKG Client 1.2-rc5.msi on Windows XP SP2. Thank you in advance, Nico