[wpkg-users] reboot problem

Nicolas Lepot nicolas_lepot at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 13 17:19:32 CET 2007

Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer.

> Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:07:28 +0100
> From: mangoo at wpkg.org
> To: nicolas_lepot at hotmail.com
> CC: wpkg-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [wpkg-users] reboot problem
>
> Nicolas Lepot schrieb:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your answer.
>>
>> If I understand, because I use Windows XP, the Client WPKG make the
>> reboot of the computer (and not the script wpkg.js). Client WPKG knows
>> he must do the reboot of the machine because the script wpkg.js ended
>> with a code 3010.
>>

>> Normally, the Client-WPKG launches a reboot what moment ?
>> Directly after the run of wpkg.js ?
>> Just before the user logon?
>> After the user logon?
>
> It reboots right after wpkg.js quits with 3010.

ok.

>> Here is a sample package just to test the reboot option:
>>
>> > Name = "test"
>> Revision = "1"
>> Reboot = "true"
>> Priority = "0">
>>

> What's "% comspec%"? Looks like an invalid variable to me (space after %).

Oupsss... Writting error. Sorry, I don't have space in my packages.xml. After the boot (with rebootCmd="standard"), I have all variables in C:\TOTO.TXT and I have the package "test" in %SystemRoot%\system32\wpkg.xml (but no reboot).

>> In my case: no reboot.
>>
>> If rebootCmd="standard" in wpkg.js :
>> The GUI WPKG disappears and Windows XP continue booting and displays the
>> login.
>> And there, nothing happens (no reboot).
>>
>> if rebootCmd="special" in wpkg.js :
>> The startup is blocked indefinitely on the GUI of WPKG-Client and
>> nothing happens (no reboot).
>
> What do you mean by blocked? You can't login?

Yes, Exactly. Unable to login on Windows because the boot stop at WPKG moment. At startup, I see indefinitely the window of WPKG-Client. I waited 1 hour, but nothing happens. I still see the window of WPKG-Client.

Beware, the package is installed correctly. If I start in Safe Mode (F8 on startup), I have all variables in C:\TOTO.TXT and I have the package "test" in %SystemRoot%\system32\wpkg.xml. And, in the log, I see messages success wpkg.js (no error message of WPKG-service or wpkg.js).

>> I added the "Psshutdown.exe" in the folder "\\Server\WPKG\tools
>> " and in \\client\c$\windows\system32
>> .
>>

>> Is it correct ?
>>
>> if it is correct, how to verify that the Client-WPKG receives much an
>> exit code 3010 of wpkg.js?
>> In the logs, except "service wpkg start and stop", I have only messages
>> of wpkg.js.
>>
>> How to verify that the customer WPKG tries to restart?
>> Is there a debug mode in Client-WPKG to analyze what happens?
>
> As always, read point 1 of http://wpkg.org/FAQ

I have read the FAQ, but I always my problem.

In the local administrator environment, if I run manually the command : "CSCRIPT \\MAJ01\WPKG\wpkg.js /synchronize /debug", psshutdown.exe run. But it is blocked by the special licence "EULA" of Sysinternals because it is the first usage.

If I click "ok", the computer reboot correctly.

The psshutdown tool want a flag in the register key :
HKCU\Software\Sysinternals\PsShutdown\EulaAccepted=1.

With the user SYSTEM, psshutdown run well or is it blocked by the Eula Licence ?

Thank you very much again for your answer. I am sorry for my bad English. It's not easy for me. I make a great effort that to try you understand me.

Nico