[wpkg-users] reboot problem

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Dec 14 22:45:37 CET 2007

Nicolas Lepot schrieb:

> But, at startup of the computer, I see only the window of WPKG-Client and not the window of Command Prompt (with all traces of debug). However, I use the argument "/debug"... I thought that argument would display the window of Command prompt (Exactly as if I run the command "\\server\WPKG\wpkg.js /debug" in Command prompt in a session administrator)... So, when the computer starts, I see no difference between normal mode and debug. By contrast, in a administrator session, the debug mode gives me valuable informations in the command prompt.
>

> This is normal ?
> I made another error ?

It is normal. You have to log in to actually see anything started by the
WPKG Client.

>> There are also some badly written applications which install fine from
>> Administrator account, but show errors or unexpected behaviour when
>> started from an account which has a name other than Administrator (other
>> administrator, SYSTEM user etc.), and that could be your other problem
>> (or, you accepted psshutdown license as Administrator, but not as SYSTEM
>> etc.).
>

> I use only this package for searching my error of reboot :

Huh?

> I want continue to search the good solution if rebootCmd = "standard".
>
> Now, if rebootCmd = "standard", I don't have a reboot when the computer start.
>
> After the display of the window of WPKG-Client, Windows display the user logon and nothing happens (no reboot). The long wait with the GUI of WPKG-Client at startup is finished. The cause is found by you. Thank you again.

So does it restart for you or not?

If not, please log in as Administrator, and start wpkg.js like below in
cmd.exe window:

cscript \\path\to\wpkg.js /synchronize /debug /noreboot

And paste the full output here.

> For a install with WPKG-Client when the computer start, (I use only "/synchronize /quiet", and rebootCmd = "standard"), in event log of Windows, I see several messages :
>
> WPKG Service trying start...
> WPKG Service->RegisterServiceCtrlHandler: successfuly done
> WPKG Service->SERVICE_START_PENDING: successfuly done
> ServiceStart
> Set script security context: successfuly done.
> Network resource: successfuly connected
> Script execution: successfuly done
> Network resource: successfuly disconnected
> WPKG Service->service_ctrlEx
> WPKG Service->service_ctrlEx
>
> --> What is it : "service_ctrlEx" ? a exception ?

Just some messages issued by WPKG Client. If it's not marked as an
error, there's no need to worry.

> I also tested the special log arguments in settings.xml :
>
> /synchronize /logfilePattern:'wpkg-[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]-[HOSTNAME].log' /logLevel:31 /log_file_path:'C:\log'
>
> But without effect.
> Now, I need ideas...

Try setting these in config.xml file (although command line should also
work).