[wpkg-users] Automatic Updates

Michael J. Kidd wpkg at linuxkidd.com
Tue Feb 20 15:16:46 CET 2007

Formoso, Travis wrote:
> I think something is wrong with my configuration. The logon settings are:
>
> Max logon delay: 0 minutes
>
> Then the messages are displayed.
>
> I uninstalled my software to re-try installing them again and they no longer attempt to install. I ran the debug script and it said they were installed already - when I just uninstalled them. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks a lot for the help.

You must have some logon delay.  This is the maximum time that it will
delay a user logon screen ( and thus display the message that an install
is in progress ).

With this set, the logon is delayed until the WPKG Installer exits, or
the minutes have run out.. .Which ever happens first.

A setting of 0 disables this feature, and lets the user logon immediately.

Michael