[wpkg-users] Automatic Updates

Formoso, Travis Travis.Formoso at blueslate.net
Wed Feb 21 13:36:48 CET 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: Adam Peart <wpk at capprogramming.com>
Sent: Tue, 2/20/2007 11:45pm
Cc: wpkg-users <wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org>
Subject: Re: [wpkg-users] Automatic Updates

> Autopatcher works great with wpkg, and Perl is not required.  It's a
> program that is packed with all the official hotfixes from Microsoft.
> It detects which updates are installed, and which ones need to get
> installed.

> I use Unattended if I'm doing a clean install of Windows, then use wpkg
> to install applications, including Autopatcher.  If I'm just upgreading
> the software on a computer, then I just use WPKG.

Adam,

Thanks for the response. My main goal for this project is to update everyones computer in our company (50-60) users with the newest service packs for office, all the automatic updates, and some software we want everyone to have. We want to make sure everyone is up to date with everything.

I am going to play around with autopatcher today. Will using autopatcher with wpkg let me push out all the automatic updates with no user intervention? I want to be able to push them out and have them installed so that I know as an IT administrator that they have them. Let me know if this will work- thanks a lot!

VDEV

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
Blue Slate Solutions and the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use,
or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.

VDEV