[wpkg-users] Error message in eventlog even Software has been installed

Torsten Geile geile at oekonet-bremen.de
Wed Feb 21 16:04:56 CET 2007

Hi,

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> It basically means that your check condition was wrong.
>
> See what your check condition is, run wpkg from command line with
> /debug flag to debug your problems.

This is, what is included in packages.xml

<package
                id="adobe"
                name="Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0.8 Deutsch"
                revision="1"
                reboot="false"
                priority="1">

        <check type="registry" condition="exists"
path="HKLM\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\7.0" />
        <install cmd='msiexec /i
\\192.168.2.88\deploy\software\adobereader\adobereader7.0.8de.msi /quiet
/passive'>
        <exit code="0" />
        </install>
        </package>

Well, I cant see anything wrong in that. After reading the documentation
I understand a return code that equals "false" will do the action
described. So in my case if the registry value is not found wpkg will
install adobe reader. Am I wrong?

Regards, Torsten