[wpkg-users] HowTO prevent Autoupdate on Firefox / Thunderbird

Hannes Gruber wpkg at guzman.at
Mon Feb 26 12:54:27 CET 2007

Ave Alex,

Look @ this:

     http://www.firefox-browser.de/wiki/Einstellungen_sch%C3%BCtzen

The settings I set are:

// update
lockPref("app.update.enabled", false);
lockPref("extensions.update.enabled", false);
lockPref("browser.search.update", false);
lockPref("app.update.auto", false);

I the created *.cfg file

I copy to   %ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\GUZMAN.cfg

change setings in %ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref\all.js

to:

pref("general.config.vendor","GUZMAN");
pref("general.config.filename","GUZMAN.cfg");

To test your settings with a plain text file add the following to all.js

pref("general.config.vendor","GUZMAN");
pref("general.config.filename","GUZMAN.txt");
pref("general.config.obscure_value",0);

then you can play around with the unencrypted

     %ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\GUZMAN.txt

UNtil you are happy. Firefox needs to be restarted every time you make a
change.

Use about:config to check your settings.

Hannes

--

Zufallszitat:

REALITY.DAT not found. Atempting to restore Universe......

                !!! www.usw.at !!!

         nimm die Herausforderung an