[wpkg-users] security issues

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Jun 7 11:03:53 CEST 2007

Brian May schrieb:

>     Tomasz> I'm not sure of few things in your setup:
>
>     Tomasz> 1) was the workstation a domain member on a real server?
>
> What do you mean by "real server"? It is a real Linux Samba server.

real as in "not fake".

>     Tomasz> 2) did you use a domain user for user executing WPKG and
>     Tomasz> for WPKG path access?
>
> This was a test case, I hadn't got that far yet. I just proved that I
> could mount and access a partition, and Windows didn't warn me that it
> wasn't on the expected server.

It all depends on your setup, though.

With an Active Directory controller, Kerberos is used to set up "trust"
between the client and the server.
It is so made, that it excludes a possibility of:
- a fake client
- a fake server

However, with NT domain, or Samba, I'm not sure how it works.