[wpkg-users] firefox upgrading users profiles

éric le hénaff eric.le.henaff at ens.fr
Fri Jun 8 14:17:36 CEST 2007

Vincent MALIEN a écrit :
> hello,
>
> I am a new user of wpkg, do you know a French translation of  the
> Documentation pages specially the packages.xml structure?

You seem to be fluent in english, why do you need a translation ?

But, we may organize the translation of some pages to other languages. i
could volunteer for french. How could we do that tomasz ?
> I use wpkg for installing firefox and other softwares, and I 'd like to
> update the proxy configuration of firefox on all users profiles already
> existing on computers on my network. This means to change severals lines
> in the file:
> C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application
> Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\prefs.js
> on every users profiles.
> doses someone know how to do?

it's not a job for wpkg because it has to be done for each user.
wpkg is for installing on a machine basis, not a user basis.
Put something like that in your logon.bat :
copy prefs.js %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*\prefs.js
'*' takes the first profile so it's better that there is only ONE
profile in the firefox profile directory.

An other solution is to use the CCK extension to customize firefox. If
you try this solution, i would like to have your opinion on it after you
try.

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org