[wpkg-users] silent installer for Solid Edge service pack

Vincent MALIEN v.malien at socofer.com
Mon Jun 18 11:42:46 CEST 2007

Tomasz Chmielewski a écrit :
> Vincent Malien schrieb:
>> the server don't want to send a part of my message because of spam
>> filtering I think, so I splited it...
>> for  the solidedge_sp.xml:
>> - The registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unigraphics
>> Solutions\Solid Edge V18 Update 11\18.00' exist on my computer, but wpkg
>> says :
>> The registry path 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge V18
>> Update 11\18.00' does not exist: the check failed
>
> As in documentation, use the *full* key path.
> Probably, in your case, it will be:
>
> ...\Solid Edge V18 Update 11\18.00\Some_Value
>
> Where "...\Solid Edge V18 Update 11\18.00\" you will see in the left
> part of regedit, and "Some_Value" in the right part of regedit.
Indeed the "...\Solid Edge V18 Update 11\18.00\" is a path in the left
part of regedit, but in the right part is only a key named '(par
defaut)' with a none define value.
I  tried an other way:
<check type="registry" condition="equals"
path="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid
Edge\Version 18\CurrentVersion\Build" value="18.00.11.06"/>
 <install cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\UGS\Solid Edge\SP11 pour Solid Edge
V18\SEUpdate.exe"' />
 but after reboot the event log also said:
The registry path 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unigraphics
Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 18\CurrentVersion\Build' did not contain
the value: '18.00.11.06' : the check failed.
I think It can't access to the key because of administrative privileges
like below.

>> - How works the tag exit code ?
>
> It checks the exit code of the command.
> Normally, any non-zero code is considered a failure; you can accept
> other exit codes as success, and/or specify your own action (i.e.,
> reboot).
>
>> - on others computers where SolidEdge exists and the service pack
>> doesn't exist, the install failed saying:
>> Could not install SP11 pour Solid Edge V18.
>> Command ... was not successful.
>> Accs refused.
>>
>> Is seems that the system account which execute wpkg hasn't
>> administrators privilege on the registry. how can I correct this?
>
> Run WPKG with administrative privileges?
wpkg is executed by an Active Directory Group Policy defined on the
domain controller as explained on:
http://wpkg.org/index.php/WPKG_with_Active_Directory
but I don't know which account is executing the script 'wpkg-start.bat'?
How can I define to execute the script by the user 'DOMAIN\Admins du
domaine' which is mender of the local group 'Administrateurs'?