[wpkg-users] Query regarding to installation using wpkg through browser.

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Mar 16 08:50:34 CET 2007

Veeendra Gadde schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>     I had a query regarding WPKG installation. Will wpkg installation will
> install the source files of the software on to his system(i.e, installation
> files). I already tested with one package and its only giving some temporary
> folder on system. So is it safe enough to protect the copyrighted stuff ?
> Please can any one clear my question. Hope i made myself clear enough with
> question.

Unfortunately, you're not very clear.

WPKG only does what you tell it.

For example, if you install Firefox with such an install instruction:

It will install Firefox by using a "Firefox Setup" installer located on
\\server\software share.

<install cmd='"\\server\software\firefox\Firefox Setup 2.0.0.2.exe" -ms' />

If you also want to keep installers on the workstation, you have to copy
the files first using copy command or similar.

But I'm not sure if that was the point of your question.