[wpkg-users] Server not resolvable -> delay ?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Mar 27 16:31:41 CEST 2007

Marco Gaiarin schrieb:
> Tomorrow my primary samba server crashed, server where reside the
> (primary) dns server and the (ony one) WINS server, and all the WPKG
> stuff.
>
> All computer boot with the 'wpkg is installing packages' message 'till
> the maximal defined time (10 minutes).
>

> Seems that if the client cannot resolve the network share (\\FILE), all
> the stuff stalls.
>
> Could be?
> How can i prevent this?

It seems that it would be best if we checked the exit value of each process:

- Execute before
- cscript ... wpkg.js
- Execute after

If the exit code is non 0, we should stop executing other tasks.

Also, it would potentially solve the problem with the client not
rebooting when wpkg.js schedules a reboot - we would simply check if the
exit code matches let's say 3010 (or whatever exit code wpkg.js would
quit if it shedules a reboot), and reboot the machine...

Coming back to your question, I don't know if you can prevent it now.

Does Event Log say anything meaningful?