[wpkg-users] samba and wpkg logging

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Nov 1 18:39:05 CET 2007

Matt Miller schrieb:

(...)

> I did create a linux and samba account for user "system"

Oh, it won't work like that.
Windows "SYSTEM" user, when it connects to external shares, uses a guest
account. You can verify it in Samba logs (with log level = 3).

> Windows startup scripts run as system, correct?

Correct.

> That would mean WPKG is running as system, too... Correct?

Correct.

> What's going on here? Why can't WPKG create the file?

Because the SYSTEM user connects as guest.

Really, it's best to use WPKG Client, although it's labelled RC2 for
pretty long time, it's pretty stable. The only bug I know is that it
won't reboot if the service runs as a non-SYSTEM user.

Alternatively, you can use a Task Scheduler. Or "net use" in your script.