[wpkg-users] Documentation and 10.12test3

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Nov 7 10:45:29 CET 2007

Gerd Ott schrieb:
> Hi
> As a new wpkg-fan without good javascript-knowledge I would appreciate a
> even better documentation of features, dependencies, variables and
> switches of wpkg.

Yes, a good documentation is very important. So, if you feel something
is not explained well enough, feel free to correct it - the whole webite
is a wiki.

> examples:
> - the hierarchy of rules and sequence of checks for
> installing/upgrading/removing packages, explanation of function of
> wpk.xml <-> packages.xml

I added that info - see http://wpkg.org/Wpkg.xml

If it's not clear enough, feel free to correct it.

> - "settings": Settings refer to the wpkg-client-settings, but is are
> meant to be the content of local wpkg.xml file, when  looking at the
> output of  /debug.

Hmm? I don't think I understood correctly.
See http://wpkg.org/Category:Config_Files, but also the link I gave earlier.

> Because the "revision" switch didn't work with wpkg 0.9.10, I tested
> 0.9.12test3, where it seems to work fine.

You 100% sure it didn't work?

> I also tried to use the logging-feature, but could not get it running.
> neither by editing the config.xml nor the wpkg.js
> (But http://wpkg.org/Viewing_software_installed_on_workstations works fine)

What logging feature?

> - How does "config.xml " work? Do I have to tell wpkg to use it (not
> using the web-interface)?

See http://wpkg.org/Config.xml. Again, if it's not clear enough, feel
free to correct it.

> p.s. has http://wpkg.org/FAQ moved?

Oh, I was simplifying the links on the website, so that instead of
http://wpkg.org/index.php/FAQ a shorter http://wpkg.org/FAQ could be
used. However, the FAQ website collided with the FAQ file shipped with
MediaWiki, and hence, one couldn't see a proper page.
Thanks for letting me know.