[wpkg-users] upgrade question

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Nov 7 23:43:50 CET 2007

Mark Nienberg schrieb:
> I'm a little unclear on the <upgrade cmd='something'> in packages.xml.
>
> If the package is already installed on a client
> and then the revision number is incremented in the "packages.xml" file,
> will the client always run the upgrade command
> or will it test the check condition and only run the upgrade if the check fails?

Upon execution, wpkg.js checks which packages need to be installed.
Then, it checks in the local database (wpkg.xml) if the package is not
there already, but also, it compares the local versus remote revision.

If the local revision is lower than the remote, <upgrade
cmd='something'> are started. The upgrade procedure is started even if
all check conditions are met.