[wpkg-users] no disk in the drive

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Wed Oct 17 23:58:45 CEST 2007

I have a package that runs a setup.exe file, which in turn runs some msi installers.
  The setup program works fine from a regular logged-on admin account, but when run
from wpkg at boot, some workstations pop up several error dialog boxes with

"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk."

These error dialog boxes pop up while the logon is being delayed with the standard
wpkg alternating progress boxes.  I can manually click on the cancel button in the
dialog boxes and they will be dismissed and allow the script to complete.  It doesn't
happen on every workstation.

The program being installed is Autodesk Revit Structural.  Autodesk has apparently
written their own installer.  It is not one of the well known standards like
installshield, etc.

The program requires frequent updating so I'd like to work this out.  Any ideas
appreciated.

Mark

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org