[wpkg-users] Installed Software not under Add/Remove Programs

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Oct 11 14:13:40 CEST 2007

Andreas Schaller schrieb:

> I have a strange problem with "WPKG".
>
> I´m deploying software like NET Framework 1, 2 & 3 but sometimes the installed packages don´t show up under "Add/Remove Programs"???
>
> On other computers the package shows up under "add/remove programs" -> strange?
>
> Does anybody had the same problem? Maybe there´s a solution???

Windows has a rather curious feature: it allows to hide software in
"add/remove programs".

For example, it's possible that when you install a program as a SYSTEM
user, Administrator users will not see it in "add/remove programs".

This sometimes happens for some MSI packages.

A workaround is to add ALLUSERS=1, for example:

msiexec /qn /i "%SOFTWARE%\package.msi" ALLUSERS=1

Hope this helps.