[wpkg-users] no disk in the drive

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Thu Oct 18 00:42:44 CEST 2007

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> Probably yet another great installer which assumes you're still running
> MS-DOS or Windows 95, as the one and only user: Administrator.
>
> Try running WPKG Client as an Administrator, or a domain Administrator.
> By default, WPKG Client runs as a SYSTEM user.

I already run wpkg as the local Administrator.

> Also, why don't you try to use install the MSI using msiexec, and not
> this setup.exe program?

That is a good idea.  The setup program calls a few other msi files to install
prerequisites, but I think I could figure it out and do it directly.  I was worried
that it might be doing something else important, but it is worth a try.

> Yet another way (which I sometimes use for some type of programs with
> dumb installers) is to:
>
> - install the program manually
> - copy the files to the server (i.e., C:\Program Files\something\),
> sometimes registry entries
> - deploy it to workstations using robocopy or a similar tool

I hope it doesn't come to that!

Thanks for your help.
Mark

wpkg-users mailing list