[wpkg-users] wpkg-client doesn't do anything

Jan Luehr wpkg-list at stephan.homeunix.net
Wed Sep 5 15:50:09 CEST 2007

Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 5. September 2007 13:24 schriebe Tomasz Chmielewski:
> Jan Luehr schrieb:

> > I've just migrated to wpkg and "on demand" deployment (eg running by
> > clicking wpkg-start.bat) works fine - but I'd like to use automated
> > deployment as well.
> > Therefore I'm trying to use wpkg-client. I installed wpkg-client as
> > installed described at http://wpkg.org/index.php/Screenshots for all
> > users on a workstation. I checked show user interface checkbox, I even
> > removed /quiet as a wpkg-parameter. But for now, wpkg-client does
> > nothing.
> > I see no gui - anytime anywhere.
> > No software is installed - anytime, anywhere.
> > If I start the wpkg service by hand, windows tells me the service has
> > been successfully terminated.
> >
> > What may be wrong here?
>
> What version of WPKG Client?
>
> You sure the paths are OK?
>
> What does the Windows Event Log say?

bingo.Windows logs "Zugiff verweigert" (permission denied). This is quite
unexpected, 'cause no username / password is requiered to access this share -
but after creating an appropiate user account, the problem vanished -
stange... (btw. it might be helpful to add some sanity-checks to the
configuration routine, like the ability to do a test-run after configuring
the client)

Thanks,
Keep smiling
yanosz