[wpkg-users] wpkg is not working

Thomas Rauscher rauscher.t at straubinger-tagblatt.de
Tue Sep 11 16:37:28 CEST 2007

Tomasz Chmielewski schrieb:
> Thomas Rauscher schrieb:
>> hello everybody,
>>
>> I have some problems with establishing WPKG in our network.
>>
>> I took the steps described in the manual. Everything seems to fit the
>> needed conditions .
>>
>> If I boot a workstation the "WPKG software deployment" window
>> appears. After the 3 minute timeout the usual logon-screen appears.
>> If I now take a look at the "C:\windows\system32\wpkg.xml" nothing
>> has changed.
>>
>> Using "start => run 'cmd'" with 'cscript \\server\WPKG\wpkg.js
>> /synchronize' shows a cmd-window, but I can't read the content,
>> because it disappears immediatley after displaying the text.
>>

>> Could you give me some tips, where I could search the fault?
>
> See question 1 here: http://wpkg.org/index.php/FAQ

Thanks for helping!

but it is still not working.
I tried the hints given in the FAQs... but the problem still remains.

I even tried some of the example scirpts provided here:
http://www.wpkg.org/index.php/Category:Silent_Installers
but it wasn't succesful at all.

If I run "cscript \\server\WPKG\wpkg.js /synchronize" the fault report
is "Could not find profile for host pille-win."

here's an extract from the hosts.xml

"
<host name="pille-win.tech-sr" profile-id="default" />
"

I don't understand where the problem could be.

Any ideas?

--
best regards

Thomas Rauscher