[wpkg-users] High Definition Audio Codecs

Jens Geile jens.geile at mzbs.de
Wed Apr 2 00:11:19 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've got a little problem here and maybe someone can help me.

I've got quite a few clients (couple hundred actually) (Windows XP) with a MSI K9VGM-V motherboard and a Realtek ALC883 soundchip onboard.

My problem here is that I cannot get either unattended or WPKG to install the driver for this soundchip.
Using unattended all the other drivers are installed successfully, only the soundcard just won't work.
Using WPKG I tried the setup.exe with the /s parameter (the setup.iss file exists) as written in the readme that comes packaged with the rest of the driver but no luck. The odd thing is that it works perfectly fine when starting the setup.exe with /s as administrator when sitting in front of the machine. Installing as system user doesn't work and doesn't give any useable error message either. :/
I also already tried using the "runas" command but I need to specify the administrator's password in the command which is a no-go (as it is plaintext and might be different from machine to machine) .. no luck either.

The driver is available here:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Anyone got this driver to work with either Unattended or WPKG? Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-
jens