[wpkg-users] Solved: "There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package" when trying to install wpkg client

Tor Soerensen tor at cfh.ku.dk
Thu Apr 10 16:44:40 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I thought I'd commit this to the mailing list for future reference.

I had trouble installing the wpkg client 1.2-rc6.

I was attempting to run the command:

msiexec /qn /i z:\client\wpkgsetup.msi
SETTINGSFILE=z:\client\settings.xml

But the install failed with the error message "There is a problem with
this Windows Installer Package. A program run as part of the setup did
not finish as expected. Contagt your support personnel or package
vendor."

In the windows program log, i got the following message:

Product: WPKG -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows
Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as
expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action
_C80DCABA_F908_47B9_8D19_F3F2F4C01E9C, location:
C:\Programmer\wpkg\wpkginst.exe, command:
--SETTINGSFILE=z:\client\settings.xml
Cause of the problem: Configuration error in settings.xml. So if
someone else encounters the same error, I would advice to take a good
look to see if there are any syntax errors in settings.xml.

Regards,
Tor Bechmann Sorensen