[wpkg-users] New WPKG user

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Apr 2 20:41:59 CEST 2008

Joel Levin schrieb:
> Can anybody suggest the best place for a new WPKG user to find the best
> introductory support? There seems to be so many variables and options
> that is looks quite confusing. I have been able to make a basic batch
> script successfully run the loading of one application, then
> subsequently,  the upgrading to another version.
>
> There is a real lack of instructional materials available--so I am
> confused on the next step--to attempt to create a script and other
> profiles and packages which will work.
>
> I have been reading many of the list serv threads--however the material
> being discussed in the majority of these discussions is much too
> advanced for me at present.

The answer to your question (and a complete manual) is here:
http://wpkg.org/TODO_list#Documentation
Oh, wait, it's still on a TO DO list? Right. It doesn't exist.
Yes, it's weak point.

If you (or someone else) want to help here, we'd be glad to see a
complete manual. But no one is really counting on it.

What could be a good start are just 10-15 points/topics suggestions for
such a manual. Then, they could be expanded and described with more
detail. Does it sound fair?

> Another question is that in the initial download of  WPKG there are
> three folders PROFILE, PACKAGES AND HOSTS along with the three
> individual files profiles, packages and hosts. Are the items in the
> folders simply example files?

Yes, they are example files.

> When I am actually running my
> scripts--shold I delete those files?

You should replace them with your own.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask, but try to avoid
putting several unrelated questions in one post ("another question is...").
Also, a more meaningful subject is always helpful.