[wpkg-users] [Unattended] High Definition Audio Codecs

Paul Griffith paulg at cse.yorku.ca
Thu Apr 3 15:38:19 CEST 2008

On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 18:11:19 -0400, Jens Geile <jens.geile at mzbs.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a little problem here and maybe someone can help me.
>
> I've got quite a few clients (couple hundred actually) (Windows XP) with
> a MSI K9VGM-V motherboard and a Realtek ALC883 soundchip onboard.
>
> My problem here is that I cannot get either unattended or WPKG to
> install the driver for this soundchip.
> Using unattended all the other drivers are installed successfully, only
> the soundcard just won't work.
> Using WPKG I tried the setup.exe with the /s parameter (the setup.iss
> file exists) as written in the readme that comes packaged with the rest
> of the driver but no luck. The odd thing is that it works perfectly fine
> when starting the setup.exe with /s as administrator when sitting in
> front of the machine. Installing as system user doesn't work and doesn't
> give any useable error message either. :/
> I also already tried using the "runas" command but I need to specify the
> administrator's password in the command which is a no-go (as it is
> plaintext and might be different from machine to machine) .. no luck
> either.
>
> The driver is available here:
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
>
> Anyone got this driver to work with either Unattended or WPKG? Help
> would be very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -
> jens

Hi Jen,

You will need to install KB888111 (High Definition Audio Driver Package)
first, then the realtek drivers. I put kb888111.exe in my cmndlines.txt
and put the Realtek drives in my drivers path and let Windows autodetect
the realtek drivers.

If you need KB888111.exe let me know.

my cmdlines.txt
---snip----
[commands]

"kb888111.exe /quiet /norestart /overwiteoem"
"noexec.cmd"

Thanks
Paul